Sunday 5 February 2012

Vegetable Soup


Vegetable Soup


I am not a big time soup maker but I do love soups. Somehow a soup alone cannot make a meal for me as I have in my mind that it is not substantial enough, it may very well be in my head. With this thinking, I try to keep the calories low in the soup as I know I will be having more food after the soup. I try to load nutrient rich ingredients like vegetables so it contributes to one of five a day but usually have almost no oil/butter or very little of it. I made this soup with another intent, to use up the stock cubes in my stores as part of my ingredient use up effort. It is not just easy to make but will make a filling supper and give you enough energy to prepare your main meal. It is especially wonderful during winter as the lime juice and blackpepper powder are quite soothing in the cold weather and also help relieve from cold.

2 carrots, finely chopped
Handful of green beans, finely chopped
2 tablespoon coriander leaves
2 stock cubes
1 teaspoon blackpepper powder
1 teaspoon cornflour
Lime juice as required

Boil about 3 cups of water and dissolve the stockcubes

Add the beans and carrot and cook until they are done to desired level and then add the coriander leaves and black pepper powder

Add the corn flour or dissolve it in water and add to avoid forming lumps, simmer for five minutes, add more water if desired

Serve with a wedge of lime so desired quantity of juice can be added

No comments:

Post a Comment