Tuesday 6 March 2012

Bhindi Babycorn Curry


Bhindi Babycorn Curry


I like babycorn and I like bhindi (okra/ladiesfinger) even more and what happens when both of them come together – a yummy dish that goes well with rice or chapatti. I had one pack of okra that needed to be finished and I knew it would not be enough so was looking into my freezer to find a friend for the okra. I thought the texture of babycorn would complement that of the okra and it did. My husband prefers gravy to dry sabji so that’s why I put together this dish. It is a fairly simple dish and very tasty. Here is the recipe…

10-12 bhindi, cut into inch long piece
8-10 babycorns, boiled and cut to inch long pieces
10 pearl onions
3 dry red chillies
1 tablespoon coriander powder
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Cooking oil

Heat little oil and add coriander seeds and dry red chillies, roast until aromatic and keep aside

Heat little oil in same kadai and add the onions and garlic and fry for couple of minutes

Add the tomatoes and cook until mushy

Add the ginger while keeping the flame off. Keep aside to cool and grind to fine paste

Heat little oil and add cumin seeds and allow it to brown

Add the okra/bhindi/ladies finger and cook until done. Add salt when almost done

Add the ground paste, babycorn and turmeric powder, required salt and simmer

Add coriander leaves and water if needed and simmer for five minutes or until desired consistency achieved

Serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment