Monday 13 May 2013

Oven Roasted Aloo Jeera



Oven Roasted Aloo Jeera

It is only Monday today but I am so exhausted and the rest of the days are quite busy at work. Hope I find some strength from somewhere. Today has been so demanding at home as well that I could not even cook much. Anyway, enough of my rant as it does not do any justice to this yummy dish. Potatoes can save the day when one does not have strength or motivation to do much cooking and this dish is ideal anytime. I would suggest this be served fresh from the oven to enjoy most of the flavor  You can add any other spice powders you may like but here is my simple recipe...

3 large potatoes, cubed
1 generous teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder
Cooking oil

Put the potato cubes drizzled with some oil in an oven proof dish and cook at 180degC for about 15 minutes, stirring in between

 Once the potatoes are almost done, add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder. You could either add the cumin seeds straight away or temper it in some oil until it just begins to brown. I do the latter as it is more flavourful. Drizzle bit of oil and roast for further 8-10 minutes

Add the coriander leaves and it is ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment