Sunday 29 August 2010

Eggless Banana Muffins


Eggless Banana Muffins


There are a number of recipes that have been photographed and waiting to be written up. As this is a small milestone post, being the 75th post, I thought this would be a nice sweet snack that kids and adults can enjoy. I noticed that my son is at an age where he needs periodic supply of energy rather than big meals. I was looking to make a snack for him and also my husband who would return hungry from work. My son was not eating bananas often these days so I was cheeky and wanted to sneak this into his snack. To keep the ingredients few I chose an eggless version. The result was great. It turned out to be a not so fatty and not too sweet and I really enjoying baking and eating! I must say that I am not an expert in baking and it has taken me sometime to experiment baking. While I have done few Indian dishes like thattai and murkku in the oven, this is the first successful western baked recipe I have experimented. In order to keep it wee bit healthier I mixed little whole wheat flour. I may increase the proportion next time. I was quite surprised how easy it was to make this recipe in few minutes.

2/3 cup All purpose flour

¼ cup Whole wheat flour

Pinch of salt

50g Butter, melted

¼ cup Caster sugar

1 banana, hand mashed

1 teaspoon baking powder

Little more than ¼ cup milk

Mix the flours, salt, sugar and baking powder



Add the butter and mix. Now add mashed banana and milk and combine the ingredients using a spatula. Do not over mix as this may cause the muffin to go hard. The batter should be mixed to dropping consistency.



Fill cups (cup cake cups) to ¾ full and bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes at 180degC. Muffins are done when the top has browned. You  can also pierce a skewer and if it comes out without anything sticking to it, it is done.You may want to grease the cups before pouring the batter.



Cool and serve.





This would yield about 10-12 muffins.

1 comment:

  1. They look amazing!! I always wanted to make eggless muffins and pancakes. Now I know the recipes, need to try them! Thank you for the eggless recipes.

    ReplyDelete