Monday 23 July 2012

Herbed Potato Cheese Scones (eggless)



Herbed Potato Cheese Scones (eggless)
I recently bought couple of books which have 500 recipes each. One is full of cakes and other is full of biscuits, cookies, scones etc. I was super excited seeing the books arrive by post and have been glancing through the recipes since then. I must say that when I first looked at them, I was put off by the amount of fat and the quantity of eggs used in each recipe and wondered if I will ever use those books. Later, I had a think about some recipes and gathered some ideas and thoughts. The general recommendation is that one does not replace eggs with anything else if the original recipe calls for more than three eggs. Anyway, with a lot of learning in mind, the first dish I tried was these potato scones. They did go down a treat, especially at breakfast time. I used milk instead of eggs in this recipe. Here it is...
1 large potato, boiled
¾ cup wholewheat flour
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese or use paneer instead
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves or any other herbs of choice
2 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon oil
Salt to taste (remember cheese may also have some salt in it)

Sift the flour and baking powder, add salt, add mashed potato and oil and mix. Add grated cheese, coriander leaves and milk and mix just until it forms a soft dough. Do not over knead


Roll into about ¾ inch thick disc and cut into circles and place on lined baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 200degC for 15 minutes



Serve warm



No comments:

Post a Comment