Saturday 13 April 2013

Butterless chocolate chip cookie



Butterless chocolate chip cookie

Some of you are probably wondering why I even bothered trying a butterless chocolate chip cookie and then why post the recipe too. Well, if you are a regular reader of my space, you probably know that I like experimenting and that too when it comes to baking experiments, one can expect plenty of surprises. I tried this recipe without having a clue what the outcome will taste like and I was quite surprised by the results. I will be upfront and warn you that this will not taste anything like the regular chocolate chip cookie but, it is obviously a chocolate chip cookie for the obvious reason that we are adding choco chip. It will taste different but I quite liked the taste from the healthy avocado coming through. I will also warn that it is best eaten fresh and it just loses its texture the very next day. I am not saying you can bid farewell to the regular choco chip cookie and replace that with this good fat cookie but this certainly is worth a try. I am guessing that if you do not like it the first bite, you will acquire a taste for it soon, just give it a chance. 

1 avocado, mashed
1 cup wholewheat flour (next time I would avoid the bran and use sifted flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoon coco powder
¼ cup chocolate chip cookies
5 tablespoons milk (may need a few drops more depending on flour)
1 teaspoon vinegar (can use lemon juice instead)
1 tablespoon oil


Beat together the avocado, vinegar and sugar until well combined

Add the flour, baking powder, coco powder and mix. Add the oil and milk so a very thick batter is formed. It will neither be a dough nor quite a batter.



Spoon the batter on greased lined baking tray and flatten with back of a spoon. Leave about an inch between each.

Bake in a preheated oven at 170degC for 12-14 minutes. You can insert a skewer in it and if it comes out clean, its ready
Cool on cooling rack and dig in! This is best eaten fresh from the oven


1 comment:

  1. Yum yum,super scrumptious and quite addictive cookies..

    ReplyDelete