Saturday 30 October 2010

Zucchini Sandwich (Courgette Sandwich)

Zucchini Sandwich (Courgette Sandwich)

As far as making up dishes goes, necessity is the mother of invention for me. Well, not that I actually invent but it is more create by putting together the right things in right amount. One morning I was running out of options for breakfast and found oats porridge a bit too bland and thought of cleaning the dish in which I make the porridge was not encouraging either. I wanted something with nice taste in it and also some vegetables. I then decided to make myself a toasted sandwich. My husband had bought a sandwich maker for me as I like sandwiches toasted in it. This was a good chance to use it. It came out very well and I would have absolutely no problem having this again for any meal. If you make this for your kids, you could reduce the chillies. Zucchini is called courgette in the UK.

1 small onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ courgette finely chopped
Salt to taste
Herb of your choice – I used fresh coriander for one and dried basil for another sandwich
Little oil

Heat about a teaspoon oil and fry the chillies and onions briefly and add courgettes. Add salt and cook until done.


Spread some cheese or butter or any of the spreads and put some cooked courgettes on it. Sprinkle the herb and close with another slice.



Put this in your sandwich maker and toast until you get desired colour.


This quantity makes two sets of sandwiches. You may want to add some grated cheese as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment